Concrete Leveling for Commercial Areas in Greater Dallas
Click to watch the video to see how PolyLevel® can be used to level all types of commercial slabs.
PolyLevel® can be used for larger, commercial projects
Strive Concrete Solutions can even lift bigger slabs of concrete used for commercial areas. Rather than demolishing the concrete slab and pouring new cement, consider repairing it with PolyLevel®.
PolyLevel® is a concrete repair technique that is less evasive and disruptive than mud jacking and it can efficiently raise and level the concrete slab with minimal materials. Pouring new concrete is costly and will eventually sink over time, just as the old slab did.
Our commercial services are available in Dallas, Denton, Lewisville, Plano, Allen and surrounding areas of Texas. Call us today for a free estimate in Greater Dallas are any nearby area to see how PolyLevel® can help restore your uneven, cracked concrete slab.
Over time, this highway settled and cracked, creating unsafe driving conditions.
PolyLevel® was used to fill voids beneath the slab and level the highway with little disruption.
Advantages of PolyLevel® vs mudjacking & concrete grinding:
- Lightweight - PolyLevel® weighs about 4 pounds per cubic foot, which is significantly less than the 120 pounds of typical fill material. This means there is almost no additional load added to the supporting soils.
- High Capacity - Lifting action is a result of the expansion of the foam, allowing lift on much larger loads than typical mudjacking that relies on hydraulic pressure being contained under the slab.
- Accurate Lift - Calculated reaction time of the polyurethane foam allows for precise lifting.
- Waterproof - Polyurethane material is waterproof, so it will not wash out and can be used to under-seal the slab and stop other infrastructure leaks.
- Non-Invasive - Equipment can be used in tight access areas, is less messy than other methods, and can be done more quickly. Concrete grinding, a common concrete repair technique, is loud, messy, and disrupts the area around the concrete.
- Quick Cure Time - Cure time allows for even heavy traffic just 15 minutes after completion of the injection of the material. With mudjacking, the injected mortar must be allowed to cure before any weight can be put on the slab - a process that can take several days.
See how PolyLevel® works to lift settled, damaged concrete slabs.
PolyLevel® can be used in various applications
PolyLevel® has been designed to work under the most extreme circumstances. With wet locations and heavy traffic in mind, PolyLevel® is the best choice for a wide variety of applications including:
- Slab lifting for commercial/industrial buildings. This repair technique is sometimes referred to as “slab jacking”, and is used on all types of sunken slabs in commercial and industrial buildings, including factory or warehouse floor slabs. By pumping a special mortar or an expanding foam beneath the slab, enough pressure is created to force the slab upwards. Once the mortar or polymer hardens, the repair is complete.
- Void-filling. Depending on the technique used, lifting settled or sunken concrete back to its original level can leave an airspace or void beneath the concrete. We often choose to fill this void with concrete or polymer material that can be pumped into the space. Void-filling techniques are also used to fill sinkholes, abandoned mines, and open areas around well or tunnel casings.
- Concrete raising for roads, bridges, highways, railroads & runways. Serious safety hazards occur when these concrete elements sink, so repairs must be made right away. Strive Concrete Solutions often relies on polymer injection or polyurethane concrete lifting to raise sunken concrete roads and runways. The main advantage with this technique is that the injected polymer cures to about 90 percent of its final strength within an hour after injection, enabling the road or runway to be used quickly.
- Pressure grouting with urethane. This technique is also referred to as “polymer injection”, and can be used for concrete lifting, void filling applications, and consolidating and strengthening soil prior to construction. The urethane polymer is activated during the application process, turning from a liquid into an expanding foam that flows into voids and pushes sunken concrete upwards.
- Sidewalk, stoop, & driveway lifting. Mud jacking and polymer injection are two concrete lifting techniques that geotechnical engineers use to repair sunken sidewalks, stoops, and driveways. Concrete leveling can eliminate trip hazards and help achieve ADA compliance to prevent legal liability.
- Rescuing a sinking in-ground pool. The combined weight of concrete and water can sometimes be too much for the underlying soil to bear. When this happens, an in-ground pool can begin to sink down. Strive Concrete Solutions can solve this problem by injecting an expanding polymer compound beneath the pool. The polymer’s expanding force can raise up the sunken pool, while also improving the load-bearing qualities of the soil.
Big lifting power through small holes. To lift a settled concrete slab with PolyLevel®, 5/8" diameter holes are drilled through the slab. After an injector port is screwed into each hole, a special nozzle mixes two reactive materials and sprays the expanding mixture beneath the slab.
What causes a concrete slab to sink?
Eventually, the soil washes out from beneath your concrete slab. eliminating all support and creating an empty space between the slab and the soil. Concrete is heavy and its inability to stretch leads to cracking, sinking, and settling over time.
While concrete is an ideal load-bearing surface material, it does succumb to the stress of weight and impact. Areas of high traffic especially begin to settle, such as airport runways, warehouse floors, roads and other surfaces.
When the concrete slab doesn't have enough support beneath it, the stress on its surface will now create a slab that is not only dysfunctional, but also a safety hazard. We are trained to specially raise your concrete by pumping a two-part foam injection beneath it, re-stabilizing it with enough support to undergo a significant amount of stress.
Effective commercial concrete solutions in Texas
Strive Concrete Solutions is your local expert for concrete leveling and repair. Contact us today to schedule an on-site consultation to find out how PolyLevel® can solve your all your concrete problems, and we will provide you with an estimate for your commercial project. We proudly service Highland Village, Carrollton, Grapevine, Flower Mound, Southlake and many surrounding neighborhoods.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.